In a much-anticipated Spring event, Apple has launched the cheaper iPhone SE and iPad Air. The phone gets a 5G connectivity. This new SE is equipped with the latest A15 Bionic processor. It is Apple’s apex processor chip, the same chip is available in the latest iPhone 13 series. Its starting price in the US market is 429 USD (about Rs 33,000). However, its starting price in India is Rs 43,900, which is 10,900 rupees more. Let’s have a look at the features of the new iPhone SE and iPad Air.
Specifications of iPhone SE 3:
- In terms of design, it is similar to the current model of the iPhone SE. It will run on iOS 15.
- The new iPhone SE has a 4.7-inch Retina HD display.
- In a major upgrade from the previous model, the new model has the latest A15 Bionic chip. Apple claims that it is 1.8 times faster than the iPhone 8.
- The new model has a 6-core CPU. Its graphics are 2.2x better than the iPhone 8. Overall, the new iPhone SE is going to improve the user experience.
- The phone will get a single rear camera of 12 megapixels. It comes with the new Image Single Processor (ISP). Modes like Deep Fusion, Smart HDR 4, Photographic Style are available in the camera. Photographic style mode will be available in the new iPhone SE. Video quality will also improve with the ISP feature. HD experience will be available during video calling on FaceTime.
- The major highlight of the iPhone SE camera is that when you click a photo of a text, then you will be able to convert it into text. That is, you will be able to use Direct Text.
- Apart from that, a home button will be available on the phone, which supports Touch ID.
- The new iPhone SE has got an IP67 rating, that is, it is water-resistant.
- The company says that it is made from 100% recycled material.
Specifications of iPad Air 5:
- Apple has launched the new iPad Air with an M1 processor.
- The new iPad Air has a 10.9-inch screen, which supports 500 nits brightness and HDR. Some other highlighting features of the screen are True Tone, P3 wide colour and an anti-reflective coating.
- iPad Air supports a USB-C port along with 5G connectivity. The company claims that it can transfer data at a speed of 10Gbps.
- The new iPad Air has an 8-core CPU which is 60% faster than the A14 Bionic processor of the old model. It also gets an 8-core GPU, which means a better graphics processing power than the old model.
- It will have 128 GB of storage and multiple ports.
- The new iPad Air has a front-facing ultra-wide camera of 12 megapixels. The camera supports the Apple Center Stage feature. According to Apple, when you move around, the camera automatically pans to keep you centred in the shot. Apart from that, when others join or leave the frame, the view expands or zooms in. It will also get a 12-megapixel rear camera. It is the same as the old model.
- It also has stereo speakers and supports Apple Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil.
- The iPad Air 5 has a support of touch id on the top. So, can use your fingerprint for unlocking your iPad.
- Like iPhone SE 3, it is also made with 100% recycled material.
Availability and Price:
The starting price of the new iPhone SE 3 is Rs. 43,900. It has been launched in 3 colors- Midnight, Starlight, and Product Red. The pre-bookings of the iPhone SE starts from March 11. At the same time, its delivery will be done from March 18. You can also buy the new iPhone SE on a monthly EMI starting at Rs 5,167. At the same time, if you upgrade this from your old iPhone, then you will have to spend only Rs 34,900. On upgrading, you will also be able to buy it on a monthly EMI of Rs 4,107.
Talking about the new iPad Air, its pre-booking also starts from March 11. In India, it will start from Rs. 54,500( wifi only). For the 256 GB, WiFi-only model one will have to pay Rs. 68,900. The price of a cellular model for 64GB and 256 GB is Rs. 68,900 and Rs. 82,900 respectively. The new iPad Air will be available in 5 color variants, viz. Space Grey, Pink, Purple, Blue and Starlight.