MyGov stated earlier this week that Indian citizens will soon be able to access DigiLocker through the MyGov WhatsApp helpdesk. This service will make using DigiLocker even simpler, as you will no longer need to have a separate application to instantly download and print original papers such as your Aadhaar card, Pan card, and other documents.
Carrying the vehicle’s registration papers and DL with you when you leave the house is something that people sometimes forget. The administration has now taken a step to solve this problem. Now by linking your WhatsApp with Digilocker, you can download a variety of documents on your phone, including your driver’s license and registration certificate. So let’s find out how can we use this feature.
To use this service, you must have a Digilocker account and have already retrieved issued documents. One can, however, set up a new Digilocker account through WhatsApp also just by entering the Aadhar details.
The chatbot now allows you to retrieve the following documents from Digilocker:
- PAN card
- Driver’s License
- CBSE Class X Passing Certificate
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Policy Document (for life and non-life).
How to set up Digilocker on WhatsApp?
Read more: Here’s how you can track the Mobile activities of your children
- To start with, enter “9013151515” into your phone’s dialer application. Create a new contact with this number with a name like MyGov or DigiLocker or whatever you can remember. Once you’ve saved the number, you’ll be able to find it quickly on WhatsApp.
- If you ping on this number and say Hi or DigiLocker, the automated services will begin in a few seconds. Once you’ve messaged, you will receive a welcome message. Consider this message to be your primary menu. Below this, you’ll see two clickable links, one for Cowin services and another one for DigiLocker services.
- When you choose the DigiLocker service, your Aadhaar will be confirmed, and you will receive an OTP.
- It will notify you which documents are available in your Digilocker after verification.
- Next, enter the index number associated with that document. You will be able to effortlessly download the document.