The role of Paytm has been instrumental in providing a fillip to digital payments in India. The platform has always been a pioneer in providing simpler payment solutions and has increased digital inclusion in the country. Now, Paytm has introduced a new service to ease the payment process from its app. This new service is virtual card Tap to Pay. This Paytm payment service allows users to make instant payments by tapping their phone on a POS machine.
Paying by tapping your phone on a POS machine is not new, many other platforms are providing this service. What’s new is that the company has enabled Paytm payment without internet. Paytm Tap To Pay service will work even if the phone is locked and even if you don’t have any data pack. This service is available for both iPhone and Android users.
Safer payments with card tokenisation:
Once the card is available for tokenization, then you can pay by tapping the phone on the POS machine with the registered card saved on the Paytm app. After tokenisation, Paytm will convert users’ card numbers into a 16 digit unique code. This will ensure that the card details of the users will not be shared with the payment processors of any third party.
How to enable Tap to pay?
Before enabling Tap to Pay, you must check whether your phone supports NFC or not. If yes, then follow the following steps:
- First, switch on NFC of your phone.
- Now, open the Paytm app and select the Tap To Pay option.
- Here, you can select any of the saved cards or add a new card for payment through this method.
- After this, the CVV number for the existing card has to be entered. For the new card, you will have to provide all the necessary information and accept all the conditions.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number or e-mail. You need to Verify this OTP.
- The card will be activated at the top of Tap to Pay. You will also find it on the home screen.
- These cards can be managed through a dedicated dashboard on the Paytm app.