As the name suggests this article will help you identify a smartphone whenever you are out in the market to buy one. It will help you in this by telling you about some of its basic and easily identifiable features.
What is a SmartPhone ?
It is a battery powered mobile telephone that has a mini computer within & an operating system installed that facilitates web browsing and renders it an ability to run software applications otherwise called apps.
This operating system could be:
- Android by Google
- iOS by Apple
- Symbian by Nokia
- Windows by Microsoft
Features and Abilities that give a SmartPhone its name
- Internet Connectivity ability through Dual Modes of Communication : GPRS & WiFi
- A mobile browser like Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox
- Inbuilt memory i.e. RAM & Internal Storage
- NFC (Near Field Communication) capability
- Qwerty KeyBoard capability (Software/Hardware Based)
- Ability to download apps and run them in standalone mode
- Touchscreen keyboard
- Video/Audio Recording Capability
- Photography Capability
- Audio/Video Chat Capability
- Multiple Email Account Synchronisation Ability
- Support for Third Party Applications
- Ability to run multiple applications at any given moment of time
- Multimedia operation abilities
- GPS facility
- Gaming Ability
- Multi Messaging/Group Messaging Support
- Wired/Wireless Synchronisation with other IT peripherals with networking ability
- Support for External Storage i.e. Memory Card
Some of the popular SmartPhone Manufacturers
To conclude definition of smartphone is reinventing itself day by day as new technological advancements take place globally. Most of the features that define a smartphone in today’s scenario were nowhere to be seen in the same definition a few years back. But as the need of the hour changed and consumer and industry worked in combination with each other they began a process of smartphone reinvention which is still in continuation.