We set a password for our laptops to protect our personal stuff from others. But many a time when we frequently change the password there is a high possibility that we forget the password and lock ourselves out of the laptop. This is a very common situation in which each laptop or computer users might fall in at least once. There are many situations when our laptop due to some technical glitches does not respond properly and while logging into it we face many issues. In such situations we may have to factory reset our laptop without a password. Today, our focus will be on ASUS laptops.
If you are in the same situation and locked out of your laptop, no need to visit the laptop service centre to get the ASUS laptop unlocked. We’ve got just the right hack for you. Visiting the service centre is time consuming and many times they charge unreasonably high rates to unlock the laptop. Then what to do?
Don’t worry there are many other ways using which you unlock your hp laptop with factory resetting it. However, it’s very important for you to know that once you factory reset your laptop, all your data including images, videos, files, downloaded software etc. will get erased. You won’t be able to recover them if you don’t have a backup. But the good thing is that you will have your ASUS laptop unlocked with no wastage of time and money.
So, if you are an ASUS laptop user and in the same situation as above, then read this article and follow the methods provided to unlock your ASUS laptop without a password. You can use a factory reset method or some of the others mentioned. These methods work well on Asus X54, X550, X5DC, S550, A43, K43, K52, K53 and other more series laptops.
1 . FACTORY RESET YOUR ASUS LAPTOP USING BOOT –
If you have any issue logging in and don’t remember your password, then factory resetting your laptop is the way. Factory Reset is basically the way to enter the laptop and reset the password. You can follow this method to factory reset your ASUS laptop if you are using Windows 7 / 8 / 10.
- To begin, go to the power button of your laptop (lower right corner) when the login screen shows up.
- Press the shift key and choose the option of ‘ Restart ‘. Now the new screen will show the option of ‘Choose an Option’.
- Click on Troubleshoot then click on Reset this PC. Now the system will warn you by asking ‘ Remove Everything’. Hit that option. As you choose these options the system will start rebooting itself.
- The system will give you two option that is ‘ Just remove my files’ or ‘Fully clean the drive’. You can go with either of the options according to your choice.
- Now finally click on the option of ‘Reset’.
- Wait here and as soon as it finishes, click on the “Finish” button to reboot your asus laptop. After the restart, you will be able to enter into the ASUS laptop without any password.
2 . FACTORY RESET YOUR ASUS LAPTOP USING PARTITION DATA –
If you are not able to log into our asus laptop thorough normal log in using a password due to any reason you can factory reset your asus laptop using the partition data method. But be vary cautious using this method because it will erase your data completely from the system, so if you have no backup of your data then it will get erased for ever.
- So to start you have to power on your system a long press F 9 key. After continuously pressing the F 9 key the screen will show you ASUS logo and it will bring up a window requiring you to select a boot device.
- To proceed further you have to click on Windows Boot Manager after which the system will ask you to choose your preferred language, after selecting your language click on the next.
- Now you will see ASUS Preload Wizard on the screen with three options namely Recover Windows to first partition only, Recover Windows to entire HD, Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions. Select any one of the three options to proceed further.
- After selecting your preference, click on the Next and then click on the ‘Reset’. Your laptop will take a while to complete the factory resetting of your system.
- Wait here and as soon as it finishes, click on the “Finish” button to reboot your ASUS laptop. After the restart, you will be able to enter into the ASUS laptop without any password.
While using this method just keep in mind that Recovering Windows to the first partition option deletes the first partition while other partitions are kept untouched. On the other hand, Recovering Windows to the entire HD with two partitions and Recover Windows to the entire HD will delete the whole hard disk, including system partition and data partitions.
3 . FACTORY RESET YOUR ASUS LAPTOP USING WINDOWS RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT –
If you are not able to log into our ASUS laptop thorough normal log in using a password due to any reason you can factory reset your ASUS laptop using the windows recovery environment from the startup menu.
- To start the procedure, turn off your ASUS laptop and detach all external devices from your laptop.
- After making sure no external media is attached, click on the “Restart” button to reboot your laptop ( while restarting your laptop you will have to keep the shift key pressed continuously ).
- When a new window opens choose the option of ‘Troubleshoot’ .
- After clicking on troubleshoot you will see the option of Restart this PC, click on it. The windows will provide you with two options here, which are ‘Keep my files’ or to ‘Remove everything’ . You can choose either of the two options according to your preference.
- After choosing from the above two options hit the continue option and your laptop will start resetting itself.
Just wait for the system to perform a factory reset on your ASUS laptop, and after the restart, you will be able to enter into the ASUS laptop without any password and after this, you can reset your laptop to factory settings.
4 . FACTORY RESET YOUR AUUS LAPTOP USING RECOVERY MANAGER –
If you find it difficult to reset your ASUS laptop using the above method then you can do it alternatively using the recovery manager. But be cautious recovery manager helps you to restore the computer’s entire software configuration to its original factory condition. It will reinstall the original operating system and removes all user-installed apps and personal data files. When the recovery is completed, only the preinstalled apps are available.
To begin the process first turn off your ASUS laptop. Make sure to remove all the external hardware like the keyboard, mouse, and power cord attached to the system. After this turn on your ASUS laptop and make sure to press ‘ F 11 ‘ repeatedly from your keyboard until the option of “Choose an option” appears on the screen. Now select the option of ‘ Troubleshoot ‘. After pressing on troubleshot find the option of ‘ Recovery Manager ‘ from the given options. When the Recovery Manager program opens, click on ‘ System Recovery ‘.Now the system will provide you with two option.
- A . Back up your files first
- B . Recover without backing up your files
You can choose either of the two options. If you choose to back up your file then you may need an external drive to back up your data. After selecting your preference hit the ‘ Next ‘ option on the screen. The system will start getting prepared for resetting. You have to press the option of continue to start resetting your laptop. Wait here and as soon as it finishes, click on the “Finish” button to reboot your asus laptop, and after the restart, you will be able to enter into the asus laptop without any password.
5 . RESETTING YOUR LAPTOP USING BUILT-IN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT –
If you have forgotten the password of your laptop and wanna reset it without factory resetting it then this method can serve the purpose for you. If the built-in administrator account is enabled, and you haven’t set a password on it, then you can log in with the Administrator without any password to reset your user account password easily.
To begin the process you may have to go to the log on screen and there just find the option of ‘ Administrator Account ‘ and click on it. Now press ‘ Windows + R ‘, key and type in ‘ cmd ‘, and hit Enter to open Command Prompt. Now you will see the screen on which you have to enter commands to reset your password. Enter the commands : net user <user name> <new password> to remove or reset your password. Using this you can reset or remove your password and then you can reset your ASUS laptop accordingly.
6 . FACTORY RESET YOUR ASUS LAPTOP AFTER LOGGING INTO YOUR SYSTEM –
You can factory reset your asus laptop using logging into the system even if you don’t know the password, and then factory reset the asus laptop from the settings after login. To follow this method you will have to download Windows Password Reset software on your system. Windows Password Reset software is a tool to recover Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP password. So just download the software and after installing it on your system, launch it.
- To continue this method for resetting your system’s password you will have to connect your laptop with a USB disk or CD / DVD drive. You can go for any of the two, the end result and procedure for both will be the same.
- After connecting a USB drive or CD / DVD drive you will find the option to select the option from the either two. Click on your preferred drive.
- After clicking on your choice your system will flash on the screen ‘ Insert USB device ‘ or ‘ Insert CD / DVD drive ‘.
- Now click on the option of ‘ Begin Burning ‘ and just wait till the process completes.
- Now you will find the screen with the option of choosing your operating system. Click on the operating system you are using. From here you will be able to choose the user account for which the password is needed to reset.
- Then click on the ‘ Reset ‘ button, and you are done.
Wait for the process to complete. In addition, if you are not willing to remove the password, you can also add a new user account to it. After successfully resetting your password now if you wish to factory reset your asus laptop then you can go for this option.