In a recent event, the Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi has also launched MIUI 13. This upgraded OS will provide a better user experience. Apart from a new OS for smartphones, the company has also launched MIUI 13 tab, especially curated for tablets. Let’s have a look at newly added features in MIUI 13.
Features of MIUI 13
- MIUI 13 is designed to be Xiaomi’s most advanced custom skin for smartphones and tablets.
- It also gets a new system font ‘MiSans’ which claims to provide a clear vision. It also gives a convenient reading experience.
- Apart from this, MIUI 13 is also bundled with preloaded dynamic wallpapers and themes to enhance personalization.
- The overall system app liquidity has improved from 20 to 26 per cent in MIUI 13. On the other hand, MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Version is claimed to offer 15 to 52 per cent better liquidity in terms of third party apps.
- Xiaomi has made available the Mi Smart Hub on MIUI 13 to help users find nearby devices and easily share and access content such as music, displays and apps across multiple devices.
Features in MIUI 13 Pad
- The tablet version enhances multitasking through gesture support and an improved taskbar.
- MIUI 13 Pad allows users to reach any app from the corner and drag it inward to open multiple apps on the same screen.
- Keyboard shortcut support has been provided for MIUI 13 Pad Xiaomi tablet.
- In addition, the new software offers the ability to sync clipboard data between MIUI 13 and MIUI 13 Pad devices. This is similar to how you can sync clipboard data between iPhone and Mac or iPad.
Xiaomi launched MIUI Watch, MIUI Home and MIUI TV as its new operating system versions for smartwatches, smart home devices and smart TVs respectively. The main objective of introducing the upgraded interface was to provide a smooth and better synchronisation of content between the devices.
The stable version of MIUI 13 will be made available through OTA update for Xiaomi 11 Pro, Xiaomi 11 and Xiaomi 11 Ultra in China by the end of January 2022. However, the newly launched Xiaomi 12, Xiaomi 12 Pro and Xiaomi 12X come with MIUI 13.
Xiaomi has confirmed that global users will receive the MIUI 13 update from the first quarter of 2022. The first batch of models to receive the update include Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i, Mi 11X Pro, Mi 11X, Redmi 10, Redmi 10 Prime, Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE, Xiaomi 11 Lite NE, Redmi Note 8 (2021), Xiaomi 11T Pro, Xiaomi 11T, Redmi Note 10 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro Max, Redmi Note 10, Mi 11 Lite NE 5G, Mi 11 Lite and Redmi Note 10 JE.
MIUI 13 Pad will be available for Mi Pad 5 Pro and Mi Pad 5 in late January.