Vivo has officially launched its latest foldable phone – Vivo X Fold+. As a rival to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, the Vivo X Fold+ is the company’s second foldable smartphone. These foldable smartphones have 8-inch 2K internal display and 6.53-inch external display. The smartphone is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ chipset and it borrows the design from its predecessor. Let’s have a closer look at this new entrant in foldable smartphone segment.
Vivo X Fold+ starts at 9,999 yuan (INR 1,14,100). The foldable smartphone is available in Red, Mountain Blue and Black color options. It will go on sale in China on September 29. The Chinese smartphone maker has yet to reveal any details about the smartphone’s launch in India.
Vivo X Fold + Specifications:
- The smartphone comes with dual SIM support and runs Android 12 operating system with the company’s own OriginOS Ocean.
- Vivo X Fold+ has an 8.03-inch 2K display inside with a resolution of 2160 x 1916 pixels. The display offers a refresh rate of up to 120Hz and is covered with SCHOTT’s ultra-thin flexible glass (UTG). There’s also a 6.53-inch external display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The external display is covered with SCHOTT’s Xensation α (Alpha) glass.
- The foldable smartphone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ chipset paired with 12GB of RAM. Vivo X Fold + has 4 rear cameras supported by Zeiss lenses. The rear camera includes a 50MP main sensor with f/1.57 aperture, 48MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP portrait camera with f/1.98 aperture, and 8MP periscope camera with f/1.98 f/ 3.4. The front has a 16MP selfie camera inside and out.
- The smartphone is also equipped with an in-display fingerprint sensor inside and out.
- Vivo X Fold + is backed by a 4,730mAh battery with 80W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, and 10W reverse wireless charging support.
Other foldable smartphones available in India:
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4:
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 can be dubbed as the latest in the generation of Samsung’s foldable series.
- The phone runs on Samsung One UI 4.1.1 interface based on Android 12L operating system. The smartphone operating system is specially designed for large screen devices and to better optimize applications.
- The smartphone comes with a 7.6 inch AMOLED display along with a 6.2 inch AMOLED shell display with 120Hz refresh rate.
- The device runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor that promises high octane speed and performance. The device has 12 GB RAM and 256 GB internal storage in the base variant.
- In terms of optics, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 comes with a triple rear camera setup consisting of a 50MP main camera, a 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 10MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom. For video calls, the device has a 4MP camera and for selfies it has a 10MP sensor.
- The device is powered by a 4400mAh battery with 25W charging support, the device is charged to 50% in about 35 minutes.
- The smartphone is available in four different color options including Phantom Black, Greygreen, Burgundy and Beige.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 was launched alongside the Fold 4.
- It is a more affordable foldable smartphone with a 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED display and 120Hz refresh rate. The outside of the smartphone has a 1.9-inch Super AMOLED panel.
- It runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage in the base variant.
- The device is also based on Android 12 operating system with Samsung One UI 4.1.1 user interface.
- As for the camera, we see a dual rear camera setup consisting of a 12MP main camera and a 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera. For video calls and selfies, the smartphone uses a 10 MP main sensor.
- The battery of the device has a capacity of 3700mAh which is quite disappointing as Samsung could have done better by providing a large capacity battery. The device also supports 25W fast charging and 15W wireless charging.
- The smartphone comes in four different colors including Bora Purple, Graphite, Pink Gold and Blue.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G
The Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G is Samsung’s third generation of foldable, an improvement over its predecessors.
- The phone has a 2x 7.6 inch Dynamic AMOLED display with a resolution of 2208 x 1768 pixels and a 120Hz refresh rate. This display is called the Infinity Flex Display that folds in half and you get a 6.2-inch display on the surface.
- Turn on the screen, you will be greeted by OneUI 3.1 based on Android 11 with its own software tweaks.
- The phone comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC paired with 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
- The phone has 6 cameras – On the back there is a 12MP ultra-wide camera (f / 2.2), followed by a 12MP wide angle camera (f / 1.8) and a 12MP telephoto sensor (f / 2.4) 2x; on the screen inside there is a 4MP camera (f / 1.8); and finally on the front you get a 10MP sensor (f/2.2).
- The Galaxy Z Fold 3 comes with a 4,400 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G
Building on the popularity of the Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung has launched the Z Flip 3 5G. Yes, the brand has omitted the Flip 2 moniker to match the Z Fold nomenclature. Either way, it’s still a flip-up case, supported by an improved ‘hidden’ hinge mechanism. Samsung showcases diverse use cases from different angles thanks to this articulation.
- It has a Dynamic AMOLED 2x “Infinity Flex” glass panel that measures 6.7 inches and has a resolution of 2640 x 1080 pixels.
- It has a Snapdragon 888 processor paired with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage.
- Software based on Android 11 One UI.
- Inside the device also has a 3300mAh battery that supports 15W charging.
- You also get 5G, a USB-C port, a side fingerprint scanner, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, and 4G LTE.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold
Like the Galaxy Fold 2 and Mate X2, Xiaomi’s Mi MIX Fold has an inward folding design.
- A flexible 8-inch AMOLED display with WQHD+ resolution (2480 x 1860), a 60Hz refresh rate, a 120Hz touch sampling rate, a peak brightness of 600 nits, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ is located inside. On the front, you’ll find a 6.5-inch AMOLED screen with 2520 x 840 resolution, a 90Hz refresh rate, a 180Hz touch sampling rate, a maximum brightness of 900 nits, and support for HDR 10+.
- It comes with up to 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, 512GB UFS 3.1 storage, and the second top-of-the-line Snapdragon 888 processor.
- Other notable features include a 108MP main camera. Liquid Lens is capable of 3x optical zoom as well as close-up macros (3cm).
- It is equipped with a 5020mAh battery, a 67W turbocharger.