The new features in Windows 11 from Microsoft are numerous. The user can alter his Windows’ Start Menu and Taskbar using this. You can view a new user interface with Windows 11. Due to modifications Microsoft made to Windows 11’s memory management, disc use, app priority, CPU, and battery, Windows 11 needs to be well optimised.
Your system will operate at twice the speed and hang less frequently if you utilise these customizations correctly. If Windows 11’s poor pace is bothering you, then we’ve included five incredibly helpful tactics and tips in this article that you may apply to quickly increase Windows 11’s speed. We’ll see.
Reboot and update:
The simplest and most crucial technique to speed up the system is to do this. System updates might occasionally become crucial for security and the newest software. Go to the Settings menu, click Windows Update, and then choose Check for updates to update the system. Do a system update and restart your computer if any updates are detected.
- After the system update, you can disable Windows updates automatically. By doing so, no extra data will be removed from your system and it won’t run slowly.
- Go to the RUN menu, type service, then pick the Windows Update option
- Select Manual in the Startup type to disable automatic Windows updates.
Disable Startup Programs/Apps
The speed can also be boosted by disabling startup programs in Windows 11. These startup programs start as soon as you start your PC and slow down the system from you. To disable them,
- Select Task Manager from the Start menu. You can also use Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- After this, disable the non-essential app by going to the Startup option. You can easily disable the app by clicking on the site.
- You can also disable the app by going directly to the app’s startup menu.
Defragment your hard disk
Over time, the hard disk of the system can get scattered, which slows down its speed. That’s why it becomes necessary to defragment the hard disk.
- From Windows, go to the Defragment and Optimize Drives option.
- Complete the process by selecting the drive you want to defragment. Remember if your system is installed with SSD then defragmentation is not required.
Upgrade RAM and Memory
The role of RAM and memory is very important in the speed of your computer or laptop. If you have Hard Disk Drive (HDD) in your system and you upgrade it to Solid State Drive (SSD) then you will notice a drastic of change in system speed. The read-write speed of HDD five times low compared to that of SSD. If your system becomes too slow, you can also consider installing an SSD.
Make use of Storage Sense
You can also increase the speed of your Windows 11 by using Storage Sense. Storage Sense keeps the system clean from time to time automatically, so that the system does not slow down.
- Open Settings and select System from the Slibar.
- You can also use the Window + i button to open Settings directly. After that go to Storage option and enable Storage Sense.