At its Cloud 11 event, OnePlus unveiled several new products, including the OnePlus 11 5G. The OnePlus 11, OnePlus 11R, OnePlus Pad, OnePlus Buds Pro 2, OnePlus TV Q2 Pro, and a mechanical keyboard were all unveiled.
The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2-powered OnePlus 11, which also includes a 3rd generation Hasselblad camera system and 100W fast charging, was the star of OnePlus’ Cloud 11 launch event. In addition, the phone will have 16GB of RAM, and the company has confirmed that it will receive four major Android OS updates and five years of security updates.
OnePlus 11R 5G was also unveiled at the event, but only for the Indian market. The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor and supports 100 watt fast charging. Let’s take a closer look at the detailed specifications and pricing of these recently released smartphones.
OnePlus 11 specifications and pricing:
- OnePlus has changed the design of its newest flagship phone, as it has done in previous years. The circular camera block in the top left corner of the phone is the most noticeable design change. The OnePlus 11 looks similar to the OnePlus 10 Pro on the front, with curved display edges and a punch-hole camera in the left corner. The OnePlus 11 is available in Titanium Black with matte frosted glass or Eternal Green with a glossier finish.
- For the 11th generation, OnePlus has also brought back its signature alert slider. While the OnePlus 10T was the first OnePlus flagship without a slider, OnePlus’ statements at the time seemed to imply that this would not be a permanent decision going forward, which has proven to be correct.
- Unlike most previous OnePlus phones, the 11 is IP64-rated for water and dust resistance.
- The display is a 6.7-inch AMOLED LTPO display with QHD resolution. The LTPO 3.0 material appears to allow the phone to support refresh rates as low as 1Hz and as high as 120Hz.
- OnePlus has outfitted the 11 with three rear cameras: a 48MP main camera, a 50MP ultrawide lens, and a 32MP 2x telephoto lens, as well as a 16MP selfie camera on the front. Three of the four cameras match the resolution of the OnePlus 10 Pro, though the sensors have been updated to the most recent Sony models. The telephoto camera, or portrait lens as OnePlus refers to it, is a significant upgrade. It’s disappointing that the zoom level on this new zoom camera has been reduced from 3.3x to 2x.
- The OnePlus 11 isn’t lacking in power as a flagship phone. The OnePlus 11 is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor and comes standard with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. If that isn’t enough, there is also a 16GB/512GB model available for a small fee.
- The OnePlus 11 has a massive 5000 mAh battery. OnePlus has always prioritised charging speed on its phones, so a chunky fast charger with the OnePlus 11 was unavoidable. This time, it’s a 100W brick, which is a nice upgrade from the OnePlus 10 Pro’s default 80W/65W charger, which charges the phone from empty to full in under half an hour. It’s a little disappointing that it’s not the same 150W charger that came with the OnePlus 10T, but it’s still fast enough for most people’s needs.
OnePlus 11 Pricing
The OnePlus 11’s base model starts at Rs 56,999 for 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. Similarly, the OnePlus 11 16GB and 256GB variants will be available for Rs 61,999. The OnePlus 11 is now available for pre-order, with sales beginning on February 14. The phone is available for purchase on Amazon India, the OnePlus India online store, OnePlus stores, and other offline and online retailers.
OnePlus 11R 5G specifications and pricing
- The OnePlus 11R 5G looks very similar to the OnePlus 11 5G, and despite weighing only slightly less, it feels much lighter. There are no visible antenna bands along the glossy frame, implying that it is made of plastic. OnePlus has kept the Alert slider on this model, and the display still has curved edges on both sides, despite being less expensive than the 11 5G.
- In that regard, the OnePlus 11R 5G has a 6.74-inch AMOLED screen with a refresh rate of 120Hz and a resolution of 1240 x 2772 pixels. The display supports HDR10+ video playback but not Dolby Vision, as the 11 5G does.
- The OnePlus 11R 5G’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC is one of its highlights, making it one of the most affordable smartphones in India based on this SoC. This phone should provide excellent gaming performance, which we will put to the test in our full review.
- The main camera, which has a 50-megapixel Sony IMX890 sensor and optical stabilisation (OIS), is shared by both models. The OnePlus 11R 5G has an 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera as well as a modest 2-megapixel macro camera.
- The OnePlus 11R 5G shares some features with the flagship OnePlus 11 5G, including the same 100W fast charging capability and 5,000mAh battery capacity.
OnePlus 11R pricing
The base variant of the OnePlus 11R with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage costs Rs 39,999, while the 16GB and 256GB storage variant costs Rs 44,999. The OnePlus 11R will be available for pre-order on February 21 and will go on sale on February 28. For the time being, the phone will be sold exclusively in India through Amazon India, the OnePlus online store, and other offline and online retail stores.
OnePlus has discontinued Pro and T models
If you were hoping to purchase the OnePlus 11 Pro rather than the newly released OnePlus 11, this news may disappoint you, as the Chinese smartphone manufacturer has confirmed to a publication that it will no longer produce its ‘Pro’ variants. The ‘Pro’ variant debuted in 2019 with the OnePlus 7 Pro and ended with the OnePlus 10 Pro. The company has also confirmed to Android Authority that the OnePlus 11T will not be released this year. The company cited “streamlining the flagship portfolio” as the reason for the OnePlus 11T’s absence this time.