In a much-awaited event on Tuesday, Google has launched its All-Google Phones, Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 pro. Both the new Google Pixel phones are equipped with proprietary processors from the company called Tensor, which are designed for better artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) performance than the older generation Pixel phones. Both the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro phones come with a new design, in which the camera bar has been given in a horizontal rectangular module. Both phones come with the latest Android 12. Apart from this, the new Pixel phone is IP68 certified, which makes the phone water and dust resistant. So, without wasting much time let’s have a look at their features and pricing.
- Pixel 6 comes with a 6.4-inch full-HD+OLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate in a 20:9 aspect ratio. The screen supports 441ppi pixel density and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- Talking about performance, this phone is equipped with Google’s Tensor processor, backed with 8 GB LPDDR5 RAM.The phone comes in two storage options i.e., 128 GB and 256 GB.
- For photos and videos, the Google Pixel 6 phone has a dual rear camera setup, which includes a 50-megapixel primary sensor and a 12-megapixel secondary sensor with an f/1.85 wide-angle lens.The rear camera setup has laser detect autofocus (LDAF) and supports Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). For selfies and video calls, the phone has an 8-megapixel sensor at the front with an f/2.0 lens.
- If you are a Snapchat lover, then for you Google has introduced a feature called ‘Quick Tap to Snap’, under which users will be able to capture snaps for Snapchat, without unlocking the phone and turning on ‘camera only’ mode.
- For editing, Pixel 6 has introduced a feature called Magic Eraser, which helps in removing unwanted objects and people from captured photos. It also comes with some pre-loaded features, including Motion Mode which brings pre-set Action Pan and Long Exposure options and Real Tone which uses software algorithms to provide accurate colours. The phone also includes Face Unblur and Manual white balancing.
- For connectivity, Pixel 6 has 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth v5.2, GPS / A-GPS, NFC and USB Type-C port.
- In sensors, users get an in-display fingerprint sensor in the phone. Besides, it includes an accelerometer, ambient light, barometer, pyrometer, magnetometer and proximity sensor.
- The phone boasts of best-in-class translation for messages and pictures and live conversation that works even without the internet.
- In terms of battery, Google has given a 4,614 mAh battery in the phone, with which 30W wired fast charging and 12W wireless fast charging support is available. The phone also comes with the Battery Share feature, which allows users to wirelessly charge other devices through the Pixel 6.
Pixel 6 Pro
- Pro version of Pixel 6 comes with a massive 6.7-inch QHD+ (1,440×3,120 pixels) LTPO OLED with a 19.5: 9 aspect ratio and 512 PPI pixel density. The phone’s display supports multiple refresh rates from 10Hz to 120Hz. Just like Pixel 6 it also comes with Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- For performance, the phone is equipped with Google’s Tensor processor backed with 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM. The storage of the Pixel 6 Pro phone is 128 GB, 256 GB and 512 GB of UFS 3.1.
- In the photography section, the Google Pixel 6 Pro phone has a triple rear camera setup, which includes a 48-megapixel telephoto sensor, a 50-megapixel wide-angle camera and a 12-megapixel ultra-wide shooter.Additionally,the telephoto shooter of the Pixel 6 Pro is capable of taking 20x Super Res Zoom (4x optical zoom). For selfies and video chats, the Google Pixel 6 Pro phone has an 11.1-megapixel sensor at the front with an f/2.2 lens.
- Like Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro phone also comes with Magic Eraser, Motion Mode, Real Tone, Face Unblur,Quick Tap to Snap and other custom cameras.
- For connectivity, this phone offers 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth v5.2, GPS / A-GPS, NFC and USB Type-C port.
- In terms of sensors, you will get anin-display fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, ambient light, barometer, pyrometer, magnetometer and proximity sensor.
- For longer performance, the phone comes with a 5,003 mAh battery with which 30W wired fast charging and 23W wireless fast charging support are available. The phone also comes with the Battery Share feature, which allows users to wirelessly charge other devices through the Pixel 6.
Pricing and availability:
The Pixel 6’s price starts at $599 (approximately INR 45,000), while the Pixel 6 Pro’s price starts at $899 around INR 67,500.
Both the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro phones will be available for purchase in the US from October 28. At present, the information regarding the availability of these phones in other markets has not been revealed.