In a recent grand event, the first smartphones powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor and the Dimensity 9200 SoC were introduced by Vivo at the same time. Of course, we’re talking about the vivo X90 series, which will soon begin to be sold in China and later in other countries. Much awaited Vivo’s newest flagship smartphones, the X90, X90 Pro, and X90 Pro+, have been formally introduced.
Even if it’s exciting to see how the new and most powerful Android chipsets operate, the X90 series’ main objective is to be the greatest camera phones on the market. The two Pro models also include a 1” Sony IMX989 sensor with OIS and outstanding f/1.75 apertures in addition to the work Zeiss did on the lenses.
Three different models of the Vivo X90 range of smartphones are available, each with a high-end design that includes a leather back panel and a noticeable camera bulge on the back. The Chinese version of these smartphones has Android 13 OS with the Origin OS 3.0 skin pre-installed, similar to their predecessors, whereas the international version has FunTouchOS pre-installed.
First, know the pricing and availability
The base variant of the Vivo X90 Pro costs 4999 Yuan, which is equivalent to INR 57,000, while the entry-level Vivo X90 costs 3699 Yuan, or INR 42,000. Vivo X90 Pro and X90 will go on sale in China on November 30. However Vivo X90 Pro Plus won’t be out until December 6. There is no official word yet on when these devices would be available in India. Seeing the previous record, this won’t take much time.
Specifications of the Vivo X90 Pro+
- The Vivo X90 Pro+, which has a 6.78-inch E6 AMOLED LTPO screen with QHD+ resolution and up to 120Hz refresh rate, is the most recent premium flagship. The display’s native resolution is 3200x1440p, and it can shine as brightly as 1800nits at 1200Hz. This 10-bit panel, which has an in-display fingerprint reader, supports Dolby Vision.
- The Vivo X90 Pro+ is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, Qualcomm’s new flagship chip with an octa-core CPU clocked at up to 3.2GHz. The phone offers up to 12GB of LPDDR5x RAM and 256/512GB (UFS 4.0) of internal storage.
- The Vivo X90 Pro+ 5G’s primary selling point is its cameras. The smartphone boasts a quad-camera setup on the back, with a 50MP 1-inch Sony IMX989 f/1.75 sensor as its primary wide-angle camera. The smartphone also contains a 48MP ultra-wide angle camera, a 50MP 2x telephoto lens, and a 64MP periscope zoom lens (all Sony IMX589). The smartphone’s camera system has ZEISS optics, an in-house V2 chip, Zeiss T* coating, and laser-assisted auto-focus. A photo can be taken with the Vivo X90 Pro+’s camera in less than 30ms, and its V1 chip has a power efficiency of 16.3TOPS per watt. It can also record natively in up to 8K video.
- Along with Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.3, the phone has two nano SIM card slots that both support 5G networks.
- A 4,700 mAh battery powers the X90 Pro+, which also supports wireless charging up to 50W and cable charging up to 80W. The Vivo X90 Pro+’s base edition will cost 6499 yuan, or roughly Rs 74,500. It will be available in black and red.
Specifications of the Vivo X90 and Vivo X90 Pro
- Both the Vivo X90 and the Vivo X90 Pro are powered by the Mediatek Dimensity 9200 SoC, which has up to 12GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage. Both devices’ 6.78-inch FHD+ AMOLED displays have a refresh rate of 120Hz and a maximum brightness of 1300nits.
- The only difference between these two cellphones is their cameras. Similar to the X90 Pro+, the Vivo X90 Pro boasts three cameras on the back, including a 50MP wide-angle main camera with a 1-inch Sony IMX989 sensor. A 50MP telephoto lens with ZEISS optics, a 50MP ultra-wide angle lens, a 12MP ultra-wide angle lens, and a V2 chip are all included in the smartphone. A 50MP primary Sony IMX866 wide-angle camera, a 12MP ultra-wide angle sensor, and a 12MP 50mm telephoto lens with ZEISS optics, T* coating, and V2 chip make up the triple camera setup on the Vivo X90, which is similar to that of the Vivo X90. Each of the three Vivo X90 models comes with a 32MP selfie camera with an f/2.45 aperture.
- In terms of sensors, these devices have fingerprint (under display, optical) senson, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and color spectrum.
- For connectivity, these smartphones are equipped with Bluetooth 5.3, WiFi-6, NFC, Infrared port, USB- C 2.0, GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, and NavIC.
- The Vivo X90 Pro’s 4,870 mAh battery is compatible with both 50W wireless charging and 120W rapid cable charging. Similar to this, the Vivo X90 only supports 120W cable charging and has a somewhat smaller 4,810 mAh battery.