The coronavirus pandemic has been the worst virus outbreak seen by humans in past decades. The whole world is still figuring out to get back on its feet, even with vaccines available everywhere. The government is also taking various initiatives to motivate people to follow the health safety advisory to keep them safe. Telecom operators in our country also started playing the ‘Coronavirus awareness’ dialer tone to keep users aware of precautions in public places. You must have also heard this dialer tone when you call anyone.Operators are also playing the coronavirus caller tune in Amitabh Bachchan’s voice.
It has been months since this caller tune started on our devices and many people seek a way to stop it. This caller tune bothers us while calling anyone.You have to listen to the full caller tune before it your call gets connected.
This irritates more when you have to urgently talk to someone and at that time you have to listen to this caller tune even if you do not want to. We can say with certainty that you too must have tried to find a way to remove or stop it. So how can you turn it off forever?
For Airtel and Vodafone users:
Both Airtel and Vodafone users require a special number to send cancellation requests for the coronavirus caller tune. If you are using either of the two, follow the steps below:
- For Airtel users, you have to dial *646*224# on your phone. After dialling this number, you will need to press “1” on your keypad to confirm a cancellation request.
- If you are a Vodafone user, you need to send the cancellation request in the form of a text message. You need to type “CANCT” in your SMS appand send it to 144. Ensuing that, you will receive the confirmation of cancellation of a coronavirus caller tune.
For Jio and BSNL users:
- If you are using a JioSIM card, all you need to do is type “STOP” in your message box and send it to 155223. The coronavirus caller tune will be deactivated once the request is processed.
- For BSNL subscribers, the required number is 56700 or 5699. You need to type “UNSUB” in your message box and send it to any of the aforementioned numbers to cancel the caller tune.
Instant ways to get rid of this
Well, the above-mentioned method is a permanent solution to get rid of Coronavirus caller tune on different operators.
However, there is also a temporary fix that will make you skip the coronavirus caller tune and get directly connected to the call.
- Once you dial any number and make a call, just press the “#” button as soon as you hear the Coronavirus caller tune. Specifically, you can press any random button except “*” to skip the caller tune. As mentioned above, this is a temporary fix and may not work the next time you make a call.
- Another way to solve this issue is, you can disconnect call as soon as you hear this tune and then redial again. On redialling you won’t hear this caller tune.