Samsung is a known mobile brand that keeps adding new features and specs in its smartphones. Here we will review its Samsung Galaxy S20 FE model that has a stylish design and excellent features that are quite hard to find in other smartphones that are available in its price range.
It has all the features and specs that any premium mobile could have that too with a brand name that is popular not just in India but around the world.
This dual SIM smartphone was released on 2nd October 2020 with is readily available on many eCommerce websites along with Samsung.com
To review this sleek smartphone we should let you know about its detailed specs and features that will help us and you to make a better decision about this latest offering of Samsung Company.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE detailed specs and features
As mentioned above it is a dual SIM smartphone with exceptional design and a glossy Aluminum body. Its unmatched features list includes a 6.5-inch multi-touch, capacitive super AMOLED touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and 407-pixel density, a 12MP primary camera, a 6GB/8GB RAM variants, a powerful 4500 mAh Lithium-Polymer battery with 25W fast charging, 15W fast wireless charging, 4.5W reverse charging.
Thanks to its lightweight nature it can be operated easily with one hand. It measures 6.29 x 2.93 x 0.33 inches and weighs only 190 grams.
The other excellent features of this 5G mobile includes Gorilla glass protection, an IP68 rating which means it is water and dust resistant, a Hybrid SIM slot, an Android 10 operating system with Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) Octa-Core -1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585 processor, an Adreno 650 GPU, excellent 12MP wide + 8MP telephoto + 12MP ultra-wide triple primary camera with LED flash, a 32MP front camera wide, a USB Type-C connectivity, a fingerprint sensor.
Head- SAR EU 0.50 W/kg
Body- 1.35 W/kg
Its connectivity options include
- Wi-Fi- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth- 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS- With A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB- USB Type-C 3.2, USB On-The-Go
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Sensors include
- In-display optical fingerprint
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Advantages and Disadvantages
As mentioned above it is a 5G smartphone with superb looks and heavy RAM size that too with powerful battery backup and wireless charging. However, it also has some pros and cons that would help us to review it correctly and obviously, the user reviews would also be considered in shortlisting its pros and cons.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Advantages
- The large size 6.5-inch super AMOLED HDR plus touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, 407 PPI and 84.8% screen to body ratio gives awesome viewing and surfing experience
- Water/Dust resistant means with a tough Aluminium body provides toughness and durability to it
- Latest Android 10 operating system with super-efficient Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) Octa-Core -1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585 processor gives a smooth and lag-free multitasking experience
- Whether its 6GB RAM or 8GB RAM both are powerful to let you play heavy games and do hiccup-free multi-tasking
- 128GB/256GB internal memory gives huge space to save large data like photos, videos, document, files and another program
- Excellent 12MP + 8MP + 12MP HR triple primary camera with LED flash easily captures HD photos and 3K videos at 30/60fps and 1080p at 30/60fps
- 32MP HDR front camera click crisp and clear shots and 4K videos at 30/60fps and 1080p at 30/60fps
- Fast and responsive optical fingerprint sensor ensures quick unlocking and security by allowing only the authorized user to open it
- Long-lasting 4500 Lithium-Polymer battery with 25 Watt fast charging and 15 Watt wireless charging works well without any problems
- The 4.5 Watt reverse charging is additional advantages of this mobile as it comes with wireless headphones that can be charged by using the reverse charging and you can even charge other devices
- USB type-C connectivity means that data can be transferred at fast rate along with fast charging
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Price Dropped
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Disadvantages
· Non Removable battery
· Non Infrared connectivity
· Hybrid SIM slot means that either you can use both SIM card simultaneously or one SIM card and SD card
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE detailed review
If you are interested to buy this 5G mobile then it is available in Cloud Red, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud White, Cloud Navy and Cloud Orange colors for Rs 47493 on almost all the major eCommerce platforms along with the Samsung company website.
It is a premium smartphone with 5G connectivity and has a large 6.5-inch FHD plus touchscreen display with a 120 GHz refresh rate and quite bright. So, it perfectly shows you the sharp images and videos even in sunlight. The bezel less design with flat edges gives it a unique look along with immersive display adds much more fun in video streaming and watching other content.
The other features are also cool but almost all premium smartphones do have water and dust resistance which is actually a normal feature that you could get at such a price. Anyways when we talk about the internal storage then it is ample for anyone because 128GB and 256GB both are quite good still, if you feel that it is not enough then you upgrade it by using a micro SD card of up to 1 TB.
However, you cannot use two SIMs at the same time because it has a Hybrid SIM slot which means either you can use two SIM cards or one SIM card in case you also want to use the SD card.
The 6GB/8GB RAM means you will not face any lags or hiccups while opening multiple apps and doing multitasking as it can simultaneously open different apps. Such a powerful RAM size also aids in heavy gaming so, it means that if you are fond of playing mobile games then there is nothing to worry about as the RAM is supported by a super-efficient Octa-Core processor that is perfect for doing heavy tasks and gaming.
When we talk about the battery backup then it is fine as 4500 mAh works well all day long but if you spend more time on mobile then it is enough and it could be increased. Fast charging, wireless charging are additional advantages and reverse charging is also cool as it can also charge other smartphones.
It is a completely wireless 5G mobile because there is no 3.5 mm audio jack and it is tuned to AKG headphones which you will get in the box. In case you want to use any other headphones then they need to have Bluetooth connectivity.
Moreover, the primary quality is fine but in this price range you could get higher lens power and the at-least Quad camera should have been given. The LED flashlight and special night mode let you click HD photos and videos even in low light and the front camera also captures stunning selfie shots. So, it can be used to make vlogs or live streaming.
When we talk about the connectivity options then it is loaded with the latest Wi-Fi 6 connectivity with a low latency rate and if you are using 5G Wi-FI broadband then it will provide an awesome online viewing and gaming experience.
There is also one more special feature called Samsung Dex that lets you connect your smartphone with smart TV wirelessly which is an additional advantage.
Furthermore, it also misses the Infrared connectivity and like most of the latest smartphones, it also has a non-removable battery.
It is available in the following models SM-G781N, SM-G781B, SM-G781U, SM-G781B/DS, SM-G781U1, SM-G781W and SM-G7810 in the price range of Rs 47000.
So, if you do lots of multitasking, gaming, online and offline viewing then it is a good choice but if you are fond of clicking videos and making videos then you might want to look other options as the price is high and 5G is still not available through network providers and you could only use 5G speed with broadband.